Material Handler (Part-time) Job Description
We are a small tech manufacturing company looking for a Material Handler to help organize our storage areas and maintain our inventory! At Soltech Solutions, you will find a laid back, yet productive atmosphere filled with a fun and motivated group of people to work with, as well as team bonding experiences.
To succeed as a Material Handler, you will need to have keen attention to detail to keep track of our material inventory. You also need to be able to take the initiative to make sure our technicians always have the materials necessary for the Assembly of our products. Additionally, we are looking for someone with a positive attitude who is willing to adapt to any situation thrown your way. If this description fits you then apply now to join the Soltech Solutions team!
This role will be located at our Bethlehem office in 520 Evans St Suite 3
This role reports to the Operations Manager
- Load and unload incoming and outgoing materials and products
- Move materials to and from delivery trucks, storage areas, and Assembly areas
- Identify and label materials, and record their locations in the office/warehouse on the shelves to maintain inventory
- Prepare finished products for shipment by identifying their location, then pulling, packing, and loading them
- Ensuring the required materials are available for production
- Ensuring that the office is safe for all workers.
- Inspecting machinery and reporting any faults to management and workers.
- Inventory parts and tools used in the assembling process.
- Perform some assembly work
- Follow company procedures and directives.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as required or assigned
Essential Work Skills Required
- High school diploma or similar
- Experience in manufacturing or logistics would be advantageous
- Problem-solving skills
- Good powers of observation
- Analytical thinking skills
- Organization and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A positive attitude and willingness to work overtime when required
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs
- Willing to perform repetitive tasks while sitting or standing for extended periods of time
- Must have good eyesight, including depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to differentiate between colors
About Soltech Solutions
We develop green eco-friendly products that can be tastefully incorporated into your lifestyle. Our first product to hit the market was the Aspect, and our second, the Highland. Both use the photosynthetic spectrum to grow any plants anywhere while beautifully displaying them with museum quality lighting. With our lights you can beautifully grow any plant, from coffee to lavender, anywhere throughout your home or office.